- Online charter renewal code and instructions (unit specific)
- Unit account card (ID’s who can sign for unit account at Flag Plaza)
- Charter renewal checklist
- JTE requirements (unit type specific)
- Free advancement form (in triplicate)
- Internet advancement Instructions
- Accident insurance worksheet (unit type specific)
- Unit Key 3 (Commissioner, unit leader, COR) conduct a membership inventory of youth and adults. Contacts or visits should be made to inactive youth and adults.
- Every effort should be made to recruit additional youth and adults so the unit re-registers with no loss in membership.
1.5 Months (45-days) prior to re-charter date:
- Identifies youth and adults that will re-charter
- Complete forms
- Collect fees
- $40 charter fee for entire unit (pack or troop)
- + $24 for every registered youth and adult
- + $12 per Scout for for Boy’s Life Magazine
- + Accident & Sickness Insurance ($2.00 per Cub Scout, $2.50 per Boy Scout) (use a separate check for this)
Common mistakes to avoid:
- No spaces in last names (DeCarlo not De Carlo)
- No apostrophes (OBrian not O’Brian)
- No initials for first names
- Use an initial for a middle name; don’t use a period
- Prefixes are Dr., Rev. etc.
- Suffixes are Jr., III, etc.
- No need to enter Mr. or Mrs.
- Charter Rep.
- Committee Chair
- 2 Committee Members (Pack Trainer and Scout Parent Coordinators also count)
- 1 Den Leader (at least)
- Charter Representative
- Committee Chair
- 2 Committee Members Note: Scout Parent Coordinator Counts
- Scoutmaster or Crew Advisor
- All paperwork must be still be signed and fees paid before re-chartering is complete.
- Paperwork and fees must be taken to council office (or given to Unit Service Executive) for processing.
As part of a national Boy Scout of America program, the Mingo Trails is excited to announce our participation in the Voice of the Scout. With over four million members, this program is being adopted as a key way to collect experiences and deliver upon the expectation of members as they participate in Scouting.
Look for an email from the Boy Scouts of America in your inboxes! Beginning mid-October, parents, Scouts & Venturers over 14, volunteers and chartered organizations will begin seeing surveys delivered into their email inboxes for Voice of the Scout. The surveys have been designed to be very brief but will give needed insight into the variety of experiences at the unit and district within our council.
Surveys will stay open for three weeks, then information will be referenced for making key decisions to drive Scouting forward, as guided by the people that matter most- our members. It will be a continuous program, in that we will launch these surveys twice per year, with no household receiving more than one survey every six months.
Due to the sheer volume of surveys in this program, we must deliver via email to effectively and efficiently collect opinions. To make the most of this program we will begin asking for email updates regularly, so please make sure we have your most recent email by logging into My.Scouting Tools and updating your profile.
Voice of the Scout is how we will help guide our decision-making for our future programs and operational delivery. Please take a few minutes of your time to participate!
Join us for a day of scouting fun as we hold our Fall Cub-O-Ree in conjunction with the Boy Scout Shoot – O – Ree.
Where: East Finley Park, East Finley Twp, PA
When: 9:00 AM registration Saturday, October 4, 2014
Cost: $15 per Cub
Cubs will participate in a number of activities including range sports, demonstrations, crafts and fun, active games while getting exposure to the Boy Scout program.
Don’t wait until next summer, let your new scouts experience the scouting experience next month! BBs, Archery, and a lot more fun.
We will take an hour for lunch. Scouts and leaders will need to bring their own food and a means to keep them cool.
Please register the entire pack at one time. http://lhc-bsa.doubleknot.com/event/mingo-trails-fall-cub-o-ree/1582307
Contact Steve DiMiceli 412-325-7969 firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions to the park from I-70W:
1. Take Exit 6 Claysville
2. Turn Right at the end of the ramp and immediately turn right onto US Route 40.
3. Turn Right onto PA Route 231 (Bell Ave)
4. Follow PA Route 231 for approximately 6 miles.
5. Turn Right onto Templeton Run Road at the East Finley Township Building (sign posted for the park)
6. Turn Right to stay on Templeton Run Road
7. The park will be on your left hand side
You will not want to miss this one. Lots of fun events, big bonfire, homemade chips and corn dogs, root beer keg on the pontoon boat, sports activities, water activities, Man Golf, and many more things.
Also, this is the event where we will elect the youth to run our lodge for the OAs 100th anniversary year, 2015. If you would like to run for office, you must fill out the attached form and get it to Evan Erickson, lodge adviser by Noon on August 16, 2014. Remember that the youth are the people who run the lodge so we need many youth to step up and fill the important positions.
We’ll also be holding our chapter elections Saturday night, so we need as many as possible to attend to elect our officers for 2015. Also, if you want to run for a lodge position, please email myself :
Nick Gindele Pommauchsin Netopalis – He Who Lives the Life of Scouting 2014 Lodge Executive Vice Chief Section NE-4B Vice Chief email@example.com 724-413-8101 Cell
and I will get you the information and petition to run. The positions we plan to elect this year are Lodge Chief, Executive Vice Chief, Program Vice Chief, and Admin Vice Chief.
For more information, see lodge57.org.
Welcome to another exciting year in Allohak Menewi Lodge #57 – Chartiers Creek Chapter! Our first event of the year will be a fellowship
weekend at Camp Anawanna on August 22-24, 2014. We have secured one of the cabins and would like to invite everyone to come! A price has not been set as of yet, but it should be right round $15-20 for the whole weekend. We’ll work on our OA circle, have a few sports competitions, and maybe even an opportunity for anyone who hasn’t completed their Brotherhood to do so. If you want to attend, please email Chapter Advisor Craig Zender at firstname.lastname@example.org. More details will follow soon, but please mark your calendars now!